7 Days, Gorilla Trekking Adventure, by Road
Virunga Volcanoes, Mgahinga, and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Uganda
Trekking The Virungas and Uganda’s Mountain Gorillas
Safari by road starts & ends in Entebbe
The Gorilla Trekking Adventure safari will take you trekking the Virunga Volcanoes in the southwestern corner of Uganda and hiking the Bwindi Impenetrable Forests to meet the adorable mountain gorillas. Uganda’s southwestern region sits on the edge of the Albertine rift valley, showing off Africa’s most scenic landscapes and harboring an impressive number of wildlife species found nowhere else. This trip takes you to experience the natural world while challenging you to your physical fitness. You’ll sleep in exclusively selected forest lodges and meet the local natives to give you the safari’s African cultural feel.
- Scale the heights of majestic Virunga Volcanoes and see the green blanket of central Africa from the skies.
- An unforgettable encounter with the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Golden Monkeys of Mgahinga National Park
- Hike into the native communities around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, experience living cultures of natives peoples of Kigezi region.
- Explore Buniga forest trails and meet the native Batwa tribes that previously lived in Bwindi Forest
- You’ll transfer from Entebbe and between destinations in a safe 4×4 safari truck with an English-speaking driver. A driver will carry a valid PCR negative COVID certificate done not less than 72 hours prior.
- Support sustainable tourism initiatives
- Transportation, local flights, and 4×4 vehicle transfers
- Accommodation and Meals as per itinerary
- English Speaking Guide
We will process the trekking permits on your behalf from the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA).
Please carry a pack of N95 Facemask and hand sanitizer with you. You’ll be required to have a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate issued within 72 hours of your arrival in the country, and keep your mask on when with animals and people crowds. You’re are requested to adhere to COVID Operating procedures to keep you safe during your trip.
Your walking safari at a glance
|Day 1||Arrival in Entebbe and transfer to the Guest House – Optional Exc. to Mabamba Swamps||Papyrus Guest House||Bed & Breakfast|
|Day 2||Drive Entebbe to Kisoro via the Equator and Mbarara||Travellers Rest||Full Board|
|Day 3||Hike Mt Sabinyo/ Mt Muhavura/ Mt Gahinga||Travellers Rest||Full Board|
|Day 4||Golden Monkey trekking||Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge||Full Board|
|Day 5||Hike & canoe on Lake Mutanda or community walk,||Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge||Full Board|
|Day 6||Gorilla trekking – Nkuringo or Rushaga gorilla groups||Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge||Full Board|
|Day 7||Hike across Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to Buhoma and continuation by car to QENP||Haven Lodge||Full Board|
|Day 8||Queen Elizabeth NP. Game Drive, Ishasha and Kasenyi Sectors||Kasenyi Safari Camp||Full Board|
|Day 9||Queen Elizabeth NP: Morning Chimps Trekking and boat safari in Kazinga Channel||Kasenyi Safari Lodge||Full Board|
|Day 10||Drive to Entebbe, Outbound Flight||Papyrus Guest House||Day Use|
Request a quote
Explore your options, request for a quick quote
Please make sure you have your facemask on when in contact with animals, especially the endangered creatures. Without a negative PCR Covid Test, you’ll not be allowed into the country. You’ll spend most of your time in open spaces away from human crowds, with that there’s minimal to no infections of the COVID virus.
Flexible booking terms
Your booking can be extended up to 12 months ahead with no extra fees, in case of any emergency (based on accommodation availability). Reservations are accepted after we receive a 30% deposit on the trip and the full payment for gorilla tracking and chimp tracking permits for each tour participant. For more details on our booking terms, please read our Terms and Conditions.