Camping Safari Experience
Camp under the African stars and experience live wilderness
Camping Safari Vacation in Uganda
Mobile, Guided, Camping Safaris in The Countryside
Uganda is blessed with some of the most beautiful landscapes in Africa and the world at large. The country is mostly plateau with some rolling hills and low mountains. Grassland and tropical forest dominate the central region, with volcanic foothills in the east. The Rwenzori Mountains form much of the southwestern border between Uganda and the DRC. This landscape makes Uganda very favorable for camping safaris. Depending on your budget, we can arrange a camping safari for you; from the budget, mid and high-end categories. Your camping safari can be custom made to suit your personal needs. Whether you are traveling alone or as a family or group, camping is suitable for you in many different categories.
When planning a camping safari with Nkuringo Walking Safaris, it is not just about setting up a tent. It entails several activities depending on the days that you have available. You may want to pitch up a tent, hike the volcanoes, climb the Rwenzori mountains, explore the wilderness. You will be able to go further and reach places difficult to access on foot. You can get deeper into nature and leave behind civilization as far as you can go.
- Hiking trail across mountain communities, villages, and cultivated mountain slopes meeting native peoples spotting rare bird species and photographing scenic landscapes of Africa
- Become the attraction when village children follow and welcome you to their land chanting “Mzungu” (white person).
- Challenge your travel muscles with canoeing in a dugout canoe on Lake Mutanda. One of the beautiful mountain lakes around Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Hike Across Africa’s oldest and richest rainforest, meet some of the rarest species and plants that enjoy the primeval forest amenities.
- Learn how communities, people, and animals have lived together in and around the Bwindi jungles.
- Support local communities when you hire a guide, porter or ranger on your walking safari adventure.
- Transportation and 4×4 vehicle transfers
- Accommodation and Meals as per itinerary
- English Speaking Guide and Rangers
We will process the park permits on your behalf from the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA).
Please carry a pack of N95 Facemask and hand sanitizer with you. You’ll be required to have a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate issued within 72 hours of your arrival in the country, and keep your mask on when with animals and people crowds. You’re requested to adhere to COVID Operating procedures to keep you safe during your trip.
Camping Do’s and Don’ts
Sleeping under the stars is not always that simple. There is a lot of planning that goes into getting the right camping gear and camping ground in the first place. Before your next great outdoor adventure, you may consider getting a refresher in camping basics, such as food preparation and fire building.
Take your time and prepare for an unforgettable camping safari with Nkuringo Walking Safaris. We will tailor your camping trip to suit your safari plans, from birding safaris, trekking, primate, and wildlife safari. ‘Let’s take you off the beaten track.’
To help you prepare for your next outdoor adventure, check out these below do’s and don’ts essentials to guide you.
- Do check out the gear reviews
- Don’t forget camping essentials
- Arrive before nightfall
- Follow Fire Safety Protocol
- Don’t limit your meal variety
- Don’t leave food unattended
- Communicate with someone about your trip
- Travel very light
- Do your part to minimize your eco-footprint
Request a quote
Explore your options, request for a quick quote
Please make sure you have your facemask on when in contact with animals, especially the endangered creatures. Without a negative PCR Covid Test, you’ll not be allowed into the country. You’ll spend most of your time in open spaces away from human crowds, with that there’s minimal to no infections of the COVID virus.
Flexible booking terms
Your booking can be extended up to 12 months ahead with no extra fees, in case of any emergency (based on accommodation availability). Reservations are accepted after we receive a 30% deposit on the trip and the full payment for gorilla tracking and chimp tracking permits for each tour participant. For more details on our booking terms, please read our Terms and Conditions.