Active Adventures, Experiences
Tailor-made Walking Safari Activities in Uganda
Active Adventures & Experiences in Uganda
While Uganda safari travel is about discovering new places, for Nkuringo Walking Safaris, the best active adventures are outside the city limits.
We’re talking places where vine-covered jungle paths replace tarmac laneways, skyscrapers are dwarfed by soaring snow-capped mountain peaks, and the quickest way to get from A to B boda-boda instead of a 4×4. On our active adventures, you can get a new perspective on familiar destinations – kayaking the Nile waters, white water rafting the five-grade Nile rapids, hiking across the Bwindi Impenetrable forest via the oldest trails in the country, and climbing the scenic Rwenzori mountains summits.
Our active adventures also allow you to go back on the evolution clock and keep up with our primate cousins within their natural habitat. Walk the Kibale, Maramagambo, and Kyambura forests’ floors on a chimpanzee trekking adventure and spend a once-in-a-lifetime dreamy moment with active chimpanzee troops. With a machete, cut through the impenetrable dump jungles searching for a mountain gorilla family and spend precious moments on a gorilla trekking adventure.
These are pulse-racing, hair-raising thrill rides for those who like their travel with a dash of the extraordinary. Saddle up and join the ride.
Active Adventure Experiences
These Uganda walking safaris and active adventure trips are custom-made suit any traveler that wants to get their heart pumping fast. You can tailor your experience, selecting your choice of activities, destinations, and dates, and an expert will be with you to help you realize your dream. Go ahead, click that imposing inquiry button and ask us a question.
- Hiking trail across mountain communities, villages, and cultivated mountain slopes meeting native peoples spotting rare bird species and photographing scenic landscapes of Africa
- Become the attraction when village children follow and welcome you to their land chanting “Mzungu” (white person).
- Challenge your travel muscles with canoeing in a dugout canoe on Lake Mutanda. One of the beautiful mountain lakes around Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Hike Across Africa’s oldest and richest rainforest, meet some of the rarest species and plants that enjoy the primeval forest amenities.
- Learn how communities, people, and animals have lived together in and around the Bwindi jungles.
- Support local communities when you hire a guide, porter or ranger on your walking safari adventure.
- Transportation and 4×4 vehicle transfers
- Accommodation and Meals as per itinerary
- English Speaking Guide and Rangers
We will process the park permits on your behalf from the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA).
Please carry a pack of N95 Facemask and hand sanitizer with you. You’ll be required to have a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate issued within 72 hours of your arrival in the country, and keep your mask on when with animals and people crowds. You’re requested to adhere to COVID Operating procedures to keep you safe during your trip.
Request a quote
Explore your options, request for a quick quote
Please make sure you have your facemask on when in contact with animals, especially the endangered creatures. Without a negative PCR Covid Test, you’ll not be allowed into the country. You’ll spend most of your time in open spaces away from human crowds, with that there’s minimal to no infections of the COVID virus.
Flexible booking terms
Your booking can be extended up to 12 months ahead with no extra fees, in case of any emergency (based on accommodation availability). Reservations are accepted after we receive a 30% deposit on the trip and the full payment for gorilla tracking and chimp tracking permits for each tour participant. For more details on our booking terms, please read our Terms and Conditions.